Glendale Heights, Illinois
Kronos Foods, Inc. is
a leading manufacturer of gyros meat, pita bread, baklava and other premium
Mediterranean foods. Kronos distributes its products nationally through foodservice channels and major retailers, including broadline and specialty distributors, club stores, mass merchants, and grocery chains. Kronos also produces custom and private-label products for QSR, fast-casual, and family dining restaurant chains as well as for specialty food manufacturers.
- Prospect Partners and management formed Kronos Foods, Inc. to
acquire Chicago-based Kronos Products, Inc. and its affiliated
distribution company in November 2004.
- Kronos Foods subsequently:
- acquired Rain Creek Baking Company
of Fresno, Calif. (May, 2006), the country's leading maker of premium baklava
and other desserts sold under the retail brands Sinbad Sweets®,
Michael's and Rain Creek to leading club stores, mass merchandisers
and grocery chains nationwide.
- acquired the commercial baking assets of Pita King Bakery of Everett, Wash. (May 2011), a leading producer of Middle Eastern bread.
- Kronos Foods offers a complete line of gyros products, 11 varieties
of pita bread and specialty items that include meat products, sauces, flatbread, fillo, and fillo-based products such as spanakopita.
- The company's senior management team now includes Chief Executive
Officer Michael B. Austin; President and Chief Operating Officer
T. Patrick Costello;
Chief Financial Officer
Anthony Saguto; and Howard Eirinberg, President, Kronos Foods, Corp.
- Kronos Foods seeks to acquire other niche Greek and Mediterranean
- Mr. Kenter and Mr. O'Dell serve the Company as Chairman and Director, respectively.
- SIC codes: 2013 (sausages and other prepared meat products);
5142 (packaged prepared foods); 5147 (meats and meat products);
2051-98 (bread, bakery products - except cookies); 5149-39 (foodservice